I’m always on the hunt for a new one-pan recipe. This One-Pan Honey Mustard Chicken and Veggies is perfect for a busy weeknight. It’s ready in 30 minutes and your entire meal cooks in one pan. How easy is that?!
The chicken in this recipe has a delicious crispy coating and a flavourful centre. I love roasting potatoes because they get crispy and are so flavourful.
Ingredients for the recipe:
Chicken thighs: I suggest boneless because they will cook the quickest. You can swap for bone-in thighs or chicken breast, but you’ll need to cook them for longer.
Green beans: green beans are one of my favourite summer vegetables – no chopping required! Simply break the stem ends off and you’re good to go. If you don’t have these on hand, swap for broccoli, cauliflower or carrots.
Mini potatoes: I love how easy mini potatoes are to prep. You can roast them whole, or cut them for a speedier cook. I suggest halving or quartering your mini potatoes (depending on size) to speed up this weeknight recipe.
Honey mustard topping: this honey mustard topping adds a tasty flavour to your chicken, without requiring a long list of ingredients. Adding the bread crumb mixture also adds a crispy texture. Yum!
How to make it:
To make this recipe, you’ll season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, and place in a large baking dish or sheet pan. I suggest boneless skinless chicken thighs for this recipe because they are flavourful and quicker cooking than other cuts of chicken. If you don’t have chicken thighs on hand you can swap for chicken breast, but this will increase the cooking time.
In a small bowl, you’ll make the honey mustard mixture by mixing the two ingredients. You’ll spread this mixture evenly over the chicken thighs which will create a base for the bread crumb mixture to stick to. You’ll then combine the Italian seasoning with the bread crumbs and press this mixture onto the chicken.
Next, assemble the remaining recipe by adding the potatoes and green beans to the pan. Drizzle your potatoes and beans with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. This mixture will bake at 425F for ~20-25 minutes, depending on the size of chicken pieces.
Looking for more chicken recipes? Check out my favourite chicken recipes here.
One-Pan Honey Mustard Chicken and Veggies Recipe ?
I’m always on the hunt for a new one pan recipe. This One Pan Honey Mustard Chicken and Veggies is perfect for a busy weeknight. It’s ready in 30 minutes and your entire meal cooks in one pan. How easy is that?!
4 chicken thighs, boneless skinless
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp honey
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tbsp bread crumbs
Green beans (4 cups), ends trimmed
Potatoes (10-15 mini potatoes), quartered
1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Meanwhile, place chicken thighs one one side of a large 13 x 9 baking dish or sheet pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together honey and mustard. Spread over the tops of the chicken thighs.
- In another small bow, stir together bread crumbs and Italian seasoning. Sprinkle over honey mustard coating, pressing to stick down.
- Add the potatoes and green beans to the other side of the pan. Drizzle olive oil over the veggies and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked and potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- For larger appetites, add an additional thigh. The bread crumb and honey mustard mixture will stretch to accommodate.
- You can use chicken breast for this recipe instead of thighs, but cooking time will increase.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
Keywords: honey mustard, chicken thighs, one-pan, green beans, 30-minute, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to receive the latest recipes and healthy eating tips straight to your inbox!
Hi there! I am a registered dietitian and I ? food! I am passionate about making it easier for busy people to eat well by sharing quick and healthy recipes. Healthy cooking at home can seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. I love helping people uncomplicate weeknight dinners and reduce stress around meal time, so I’m so glad you’re here!