This one-pan meal is full of garlic buttery goodness and is ready in 30-minutes. Need I say more?
2 chicken breasts
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper, to taste
½ small cauliflower, cut into ½-inch thick slices
1.5 Tbsp butter, divided
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
⅓ cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Hot sauce
- Butterfly the chicken, season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning. Let sit while you prepare cauliflower.
- Heat 1 Tbsp butter and olive oil in a medium cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 4-6 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through.
- In the last minute of cooking the chicken, lower heat, add minced garlic and stir until fragrant. Set chicken aside.
- In the same skillet, turn up heat to medium-high and add the chicken broth. Bring to a simmer until reduced by almost half (there should still be some liquid in the pan).
- Add remaining butter, lemon juice, hot sauce, stirring to combine. Add cauliflower in a single layer. Put a lid on cauliflower and monitor closely.
- Cook the cauliflower, flipping occasionally, until browned and tender when pierced with a fork, about 10-12 minutes. Add a small amount of water if the pan gets dry, it will evaporate quickly and help cauliflower steam.
- Pile cauliflower on one side of the pan and add chicken back to the other side of the pan to reheat for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve alone or with a side of rice. Enjoy!
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Canadian
Keywords: chicken breast, one pan recipe, cauliflower, garlic, garlic butter, weeknight dinner, weeknight recipe