Looking for a way to add some veggies to your appetizer spread this season but want something more interesting than a veggie tray? These Lemon Parmesan They not only look nice, but they’re delicious. These are sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next get together!
1 bunch of asparagus
2 sheets of phyllo pastry
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
2 tsp lemon zest
- If your asparagus is thick, blanch by boiling in water for about 3 minutes. Strain and pat dry.
- Brush the first sheet pf phyllo with melted butter, keeping the other covered with damp paper towels.
- Fold the phyllo in half (should be about length of asparagus). Brush again with butter.
- Sprinkle the phyllo with 3 tbsp parm and 1 tsp lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Using a pastry scissors or knife, slice into 10 strips.
- Place asparagus diagonally on a strip of pastry, with the phyllo starting just below the head of the asparagus. Roll the asparagus with the phyllo so that pastry covers most of the stalk.
- Place the wrapped asparagus on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush with butter. Repeat with the remaining asparagus. Each sheet will do 10 asparagus.
- Bake at 450F for 10 minutes, flipping half way. When you flip, sprinkle the one side with more parmesan (optional).
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Canadian
Keywords: appetizer, asparagus, holiday recipe, easy appetizer, 20-minute recipe, lemon, parmesan, phyllo