These Healthy 15-Minute Rice Noddles are perfect for a quick weeknight meal. In only 15 minutes and using a handful of ingredients, you can have a delicious meal on the table. Minimal effort required!
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp honey (can swap for maple syrup)
1 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp corn starch
1/2 tbsp sriracha (use less if you don’t like spicy)
½ tsp dried ginger
220g rice noodles
- Boil a medium pot of water on stovetop. Meanwhile, using a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together everything except the noodles.
- Once water is boiling, add rice noodles and cook according to instructions. Strain the noodles once they have cooked and return them to the pot. Turn the cooking temperature up to medium-high heat and pour the sauce over the noodles.
- Cook until the sauce has thickened and most of the water has evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- See the mix ins below (in notes) to make this a balanced meal!
Suggested meal-worthy add-ins:
- Frozen edamame + matchstick carrots: using a medium-sized pan, sauté the edamame (about 1 cup) and carrots (about 1.5 cups) over medium-high heat. You can start when the noodles have ~1 minute left to cook. Pour sauce over the edamame and carrots, then add noodles and cook until the sauce has thickened and most of the water has evaporated.
- Crispy tofu + spinach: press one brick of extra firm tofu to remove the excess moisture, then cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Coat tofu with 1 tbsp corn starch and 1 tsp garlic powder. Sauté in a pan with sesame oil over medium-high heat until crispy. Pour a small amount of sauce over the tofu in the last minute 30-seconds of cooking. Add the rice noodles and remaining sauce, and ~4 generous handfuls of spinach. Stir to combine and cook until the sauce has thickened and most of the water has evaporated.
- Scrambled eggs + frozen veggies: whisk four eggs in a medium bowl. Using a medium pan, cook eggs stirring often to break apart the egg pieces. Once eggs have fully cooked, add ~2 cups frozen vegetables and give the veggies a quick sauté . Add the sauce and noodles, cooking until the sauce has thickened and most of the water has evaporated.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: rice noodles, 15-minute recipe