This Easy Festive Hummus Bowl with Pita Chips takes only 15-minutes and is easy to throw together.
1 container of store bought hummus
~1 cup kale leaves (stems removed, cut into bite sized pieces)
handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
2 whole wheat pitas
Salt and pepper
- Cut pitas into triangles and spread out on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes, or until pita slices are golden brown.
- Place kale on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Add the cherry tomatoes to the same pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake at 350F for ~10 minutes, or until the kale is crispy and tomatoes are wilted.
- Add hummus to a serving bowl. Top with roasted kale chips and tomatoes. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Serve with pita chips.
Pita chips: add additional spices/herbs to pita slices before baking (examples: paprika, oregano, chili powder, ceyenne), to taste.
Cherry tomatoes: use raw or roasted
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Canadian
Keywords: holiday appetizer, easy appetizer, appetizer recipe, hummus, kale, cherry tomatoes, pita chips