Real Good Eats hasn't been around for a full year, but certainly long enough for us to search and try out some delicious, quick, simple, and healthy recipes. Continue reading for the top 10 recipes we featured in 2018.
With less than 6 ingredients...
(not including oil, salt & pepper)
1. Pasta with Turkey and Broccoli from Real Simple
This recipe relies on pantry and fridge staples for a balanced meal in no time. Cooking the broccoli in the pasta water is a great trick for adding veggies to your pasta dinner.
2. Parsnip, Apple and Brie Soup from Foodland Ontario
Using Brie cheese adds a delicious silky texture to this soup and provides protein that most soups lack.
3. Honey Garlic Shrimp from Sally's Baking Addiction
It’s hard to believe such a quick and simple recipe could be so tasty! This recipe is a truly delicious 20 minute dinner. Don't forget to include a side of veggies for a balanced meal.
4. One Pot Lemon Herb Chicken and Rice from Creme de la Crumb
This recipe keeps ingredients simple AND helps you cut down on dishes.
All we ask is that you don’t forget your veggies - add two cups of frozen mixed veggies to the pot. Because, balance.
5. Easy Roast Chicken, Brussels Sprout, Potatoes, and Carrots from Delish
This recipe gives you all the feels from Sunday family dinners without the work. We love the balance of protein, veggies, and potatoes in this recipe. You’ll love that your dinner basically cooks itself. Set it and forget it.
For when you're short on time...
6. Quick and Easy Vegetarian Burrito Bowl with Spicy Sauce from Real Good Eats
Who needs to stop for fast food when you can get dinner ready in 10 minutes? This recipe is super easy to throw together for a weeknight dinner using leftover rice, or easily multiplied to meal prep your lunches for the week.
7. Spicy Kale and Coconut Fried Rice from Cookie and Kate
This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights. Using eggs as a protein source speeds up cooking time, and we love that it’s loaded with kale, a real nutritious leafy green that keeps this stir fry balanced.
8. Lentil Tacos with Avocado Cilantro Sauce from Lentils.org
This recipe has the familiar flavour and texture of tacos, but with all the plants. We love that Red Lentils are packed with heart healthy fibre, and you’ll love how quickly they cook!
For when you don't want to do dishes...
9. Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Tilapia from Damn Delicious
We love how simple this meal is to make. With minimal chopping and preparation time (we even used frozen fish), this dinner is a perfect weeknight meal.
10. Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas from Life Made Sweeter