Think you need to abandon your morning smoothie routine just because the summer months are over? Think again. The key to enjoying smoothies all year round is to think outside the box. We tend to associate smoothies with being loaded with icy, tropical fruits and veggies, but there are so many ways to create nutritious smoothies that are appealing during colder weather too. Continue reading for our favourite cold weather smoothie recipes.
1. Oatmeal Cookie Smoothie from The Kitchy Kitchen
Filled with complex carbohydrates and protein to keep you full longer.
2. Maple-Cinnamon Sweet Potato Smoothie from Dishing Up the Dirt
Nutritious sweet potato blended into a delicious balanced smoothie.
3. Banana Fig Smoothie from Free People
Delicious winter fruit smoothie. Add protein powder or plain Greek yogurt to keep things balanced.
4. Pumpkin Protein Smoothie from Eating Bird Food
If you love pumpkin spice, you'll love this recipe.
5. Warm Ginger Pear Smoothie from Danette May
This warm, cozy smoothie is perfect for a sweater weather.
Don't miss a thing! Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter for Real Good Eats straight to your inbox.
Looking for more Real Good Eats? Browse all recipes here!